Re: nameForObject()?

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Monday, January 29, 2001, at 09:17 PM, Andreas Monitzer wrote:
>
> > On Monday, January 29, 2001, at 08:57 PM, Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> >
> > > Andreas! Don't do this to me, please!
> > >
> > > Ozone is based on proxies. Having such a (proxy) member does of course _not_
> > > mean that the target object is activated when the refering object is activated.
> > > The target behind your obj member is activated just when you actually call a
> > > method on it.
> >
> > Hey, I'm just learning :)
> > I think that will simplify my app a bit...
>
> One more thing...
> I've got a regular object that is referenced by two database objects. Will it get duplicated?

Andreas, no matter if you use LocalDatabase or RemoteDatabase or any other yet
to be developed kind of database connection one thing will never change because
it is the basic architecture of ozone: the one and only instance of a database
object always runs inside the server!

That is, there is no way to access your "regular object" directly. It always
runs in an other address space than the client. (for LocalDatabase this is not
really true but it makes no difference here)

So the answer to your question is: you can have many proxies refering to on
target. This will not cause the target to be duplicated in any case.