RE: ozone & modularity

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Falko Braeutigam [mailto:falko@smb-tec.com]
Envoyé : lundi 5 février 2001 12:27
À : Jean-Marc Vanel; ozone-users@ozone-db.org; Jean-Marc VANEL
Objet : Re: ozone & modularity

Jean-Marc, Andreas and all, this gets more and more related to the ozone
development. Should we take this to the ozone-dev list? (BTW: cross posting
does
not work)

OK for me, I just subscribed this morning.

> > > The limitations of the current implementation should be listed.
> > I agree. I will maintain this list. Just send your list of limitations
and we
> > will discuss about.
>
> If ozone is to succeed, it must become more user-oriented. Listing current
> limitations (and functionalities) is part of this.
> - keeping all in memory during store of large object (see below)
maybe I lost you here. Objects are always atomar.

Sorry for being obscure; what I meant is that "keeping all in memory during
store of large object" is a limitation. Again a reference to my initial
problem of not being able to store a big XML file with SAX.

> - total number of objects < 2^32 , because of ObjectID used ;
not exactly true. 2^48 objects per ozone database node plus 2^16 nodes per
cluster. (clusters are of course not yet implemented)

====> not implemented? But there are Cluster and ClusterStrore classes in
Package org.ozoneDB.core.wizardStore !?!

> > > Exploration of the code:
> > >
> > > org.ozoneDB.core.Env (environment of a ozone database server)
> > > instanciates an object of interface:
> > > org.ozoneDB.core.Store
> > > which is implemented by:
> > > org.ozoneDB.core.wizardStore.WizardStore
> > > which is implemented by:
> > > org.ozoneDB.core.wizardStore.ClusterStore
> > ClusterStore does not implement anything
>
> Yes, I just meant by this that WizardStore delegates its implementation to
> ClusterStore, since it does :
>  clusterStore = new ClusterStore( _env );

Yes, it does. WizardStore handles the ID table where ClusterStore deals with
the actual clusters on disk. Again, is something wrong with this?

====> No, nothing wrong; Falko don't worry, not evey post is a bug report !

  Jean-Marc Vanel

  12 avenue de Verdun
  92250 LA GARENNE COLOMBES