Re: ozone & modularity

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:57:01 +0100
Falko Braeutigam <falko@smb-tec.com> wrote:

> > Sorry for being obscure; what I meant is that "keeping all in memory during
> > store of large object" is a limitation. Again a reference to my initial
> > problem of not being able to store a big XML file with SAX.
>
> I see. But this is a limitation of the DOM. There are to many references from
> one node to the next, previous, parent, document, etc. If we decide to use DOM
> as the underlying data structure for ozone/XML, then I guess we will always
> face this problem.

If we decide to redesign the ozone/XML architecture then I prefer to use
JDOM as the underlaying data structure (PJDOM). The API is smaller and
fits better into the Java programming environment (e.g. Java2 collections).
But you are right the basic problem of an in-memory representation is still
there.

Lars
Lars Martin                                    mailto:lars@smb-tec.com