Re: ozone feature requests

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Sean Allen wrote:
> > Per Nyfelt has started to work on a Ozone Hacking How To and he already sent me
> > a UML generated with Together. It looks great but I'm not sure if such a
> > complete (and huge) diagram (all classes, all members) would actually help
> > newbies to get started. IMO the UML should display just the important classes
> > and interfaces. What do others think? AFAIK Per is working on this right now.
> > Per?
>
> Yeah, mine was also done with Together, and I agree it may be a bit
> intimidating.
> I was just offering it for the benetit of those who don't have the time
> or inclination to generate their own,
> a while ago someone mentioned Sequence diagrams and I think these would
> be a good idea too,
> Just as a matter of interest Falko, what do you consider the important
> Classes/Interfaces/Packages to be?

ozone users API in org.ozoneDB:

	- OzoneInterface	-> Database
				-> ExternalDatabase	-> RemoteDatabase
							-> LocalDatabase
	- OzoneCompatible	-> OzoneObject
	- OzoneRemote		-> OzoneProxy
	- AbstractTransaction	-> ExternalTransaction

ozone kernel in org.ozoneDB.core:

	- Env

	- StoreManager
	- ObjectContainer	-> AbstractObjectContainer
	- ObjectID

	- InvokeServer
	- TransactionManager
	- Transaction
	- Lock			-> SharedLock
				-> ExclusiveLock
				-> MROWLock
	- (to complete the picture the DbCommand package should be included
          here)

This is ozone! All other classes and packages (and there are a lot ;) are
'accessory parts'. If you grok the content of these two packages, then all
other packages are a piece of cake.

To complete the picture maybe the "wizard" backing store in
org.ozoneDB.core.wizardStore, which provides implementation of the StoreManger
and ObjectContainer interfaces, should be included as well:

	- (StoreManger)		-> WizardStore
	- (AbstractObjectContainer) -> WizardObjectContainer
	- ClusterStore
	- Cluster

	- DxDiskHashMap		-> IDTable

These two (or maybe three) packages could be the 'core view' as Erwin
requested.

Falko