Re: Backup/Restore bug

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001, Jörg Prante wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to backup an Ozone database, but I can't restore it.
>
> The reason is that a hash object with subclasses ( Hashtable,
> HashMap, DxHashMap, whatever) cannot be re-instantiated during restore.

The problem is that Hashtable (and some other collection classes) are using
inner classes. Unfortunately we didn't find a way to reconstruct inner classes
via reflection.

However, there _is_ a workaround for Hashtable (can be easily extended for
other classes). So Hashtable and DxHashMap, which is based on Hashtable)
_should_ work. Rolf wrote this code. Maybe he known what's going on here?

Falko