Re: Missing feature ?

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001, Pablo Iaria wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm new to ozone, I started using it a couple of months ago.
> I'd just like to use ozone to store objects (not xml documents) but I didn't
> see any OQL support in the source code, I olso tried the objectsOfClass
> message but it wan't implemented.
> Is there a way to do queries ?

We should call ozone an Object Server rather than an OODBMS. Basically ozone
provides a managed environment to execute persistent Java objects in a
transactional environment. It doesn't provide a descriptive query system.
However, I would like to see such a thing implemented in ozone. I don't like
OQL but there are other ways to make a descriptive query systems that supports
the OO paradigm.