Re: Fwd: OZONE - the name

Am Mittwoch,  7. März 2001 17:09 schrieb Falko Braeutigam:

> What does the community says about this? What should we do? Is there a need
> to do anything anyway? Please share your knowledge/experiences.

In fact, the name is 'OzoneDB', not 'Ozone' ;-)

It's a question of holding a world-wide registered trademark, in the end.
Ozone is a real name of a natural thing (the O3 gas) so it can't be easily
registered as a company's product trademark (but maybe in conjunction with
other names which make the name identifiable).

Changing the name of an open-source project just because there is another
product somewhere around the world with almost the same name is not really
essential, if legal actions can't be taken. I would try to contact the guy to
make an agreement that 'OzoneDB' is allowed to be called 'OzoneDB'.

Note: the XML Apache Cocoon project has name cousins too. Look at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon and http://www.stratasys.com/software/cocoon

Jörg

--
Jörg Prante
Sevenval AG (HRB 32757) e-business marketing technologies