Re: Architecture/design questions

Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> Yes, perfectly :)
>
> My comment wasn't meant to hash anything out. I just wanted to push exactly
> this "learn and use ideas" debate you are talking about. We really need to
> discuss our plans, goals and ideas regarding ozone. If we don't do this, if we
> don't finally discuss the relations of ozone to EJB, JDO, ODBMS, XML,
> whatever-standard, if we don't finally put all of our knowledge and experiences
> together, then we don't need to care about anything because ozone will just die.

I agree too. We should really discuss the relations as we can learn from
them. I really need to get more familiar with ozone and look at some of
the other trends so I can comment without it being bs. I have used
ODBMS, RDMS, and J2EE/EJB but I'm really just a beginner with ozone. I
want to have a bit a time to review what is going on and I was feeling a
bit "on the spot". I know you have a lot of knowledge on these subjects
so I'd at least like to look a connectors, the odmg 3.0 spec(probably
have to buy the book), jdo, the xml mapping project which starts with a
adel???, and some others. I'm interested in the fine grain object
support which I think made the EJB 2.0 spec as well.

Thanks for this being a very friendly list.

Eric :-)