Re: Architecture/design questions

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Falko Braeutigam wrote:
> >
> > Yes, perfectly :)
> >
> > My comment wasn't meant to hash anything out. I just wanted to push exactly
> > this "learn and use ideas" debate you are talking about. We really need to
> > discuss our plans, goals and ideas regarding ozone. If we don't do this, if we
> > don't finally discuss the relations of ozone to EJB, JDO, ODBMS, XML,
> > whatever-standard, if we don't finally put all of our knowledge and experiences
> > together, then we don't need to care about anything because ozone will just die.
> >
> I agree too. We should really discuss the relations as we can learn from
> them. I really need to get more familiar with ozone and look at some of
> the other trends so I can comment without it being bs. I have used
> ODBMS, RDMS, and J2EE/EJB but I'm really just a beginner with ozone. I
> want to have a bit a time to review what is going on and I was feeling a
> bit "on the spot". I know you have a lot of knowledge on these subjects

Personally I did not use EJB in real world project yet. All I know about is
from mail lists and the RMH book (actually 10 pages of this book ;). So, _you_
know probably much about this. ;)

> so I'd at least like to look a connectors, the odmg 3.0 spec(probably
> have to buy the book),
Hmm... I'm not sure if it's worth buying this book.

> jdo,
together with Connector Architector this indeed seems to be very interesting
and important for the development of ozone.

> the xml mapping project which starts with a
> adel???,
Adelard?

> and some others. I'm interested in the fine grain object
> support which I think made the EJB 2.0 spec as well.
I'm really interested in this question too. AFAIKT ozone has prove to be able to
deal with millions of very small, very structured objects in a real OO manner.
Is EJB able to do the same? Once I get my hands on an EJB server, this will be
the first thing I will test. Any experiences?