JDO

I think I asked this before also, but can someone remind me why JDO is
not an interesting API for Ozone to support? I realize I haven't read
the spec yet, just a few overviews of it and such, but it sounds like
exactly the transparent persistence that I've wanted. You just create a
class and boom, it's basically automatically persistable--you don't have
to do anything to it. That's what I want. Just throw the object in the
db, and go on your merry way.

Seems I remember someone mentioning that JDO is still tied to RDBMS
somehow. Is that so? If so, who can I send the really nasty email to
that obviously really deserves it for making a brand new "pure" (or so I
hoped) API tied to dead ugly legacy trash?

:) No, I'm not usually this harsh--I'm just in a hurry, and I'm really
tired of trying to find the solutions I really need but no one else
seems to have implemented (at least, not in Free Software anyway).
--
Joel Shellman
KnOcean Interactive Corporation