RE: JDO

We did discuss it a couple of weeks ago. The last version of the spec is not
as strongly tied to a RDBMS as the previous drafts and there are some nice
things such as an interesting java based query system and a relatively easy
api from the client side. Implementing it does not seem to be done over
night though. First of all the Connector architecture needs to be supported
so if we want to support JDO we need to support the Connector api first.
This would probably also lead to a possibility of integrating with EJB app
servers since version 2 of the EJB spec has extended support for Connectors.
For more info on the Connector architecture check out
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/connector/.

On another note, adding persistence to your normal Java objects is what you
already have today with Ozone - no need to look at JDO for that.

Best regards,
Per