Re: Query kernel

On Sunday 08 April 2001 13:19, you wrote:
> I agree with Falko.  Reflection can tell us about Object structure
> generally.  So a query would have to be something like "select Object
> where hasMethod("getDateSent")"   or something like that.  Then you go
> after the object.    How else can it be done?
>
> --
> Tim Brown

That seems a little awkward to me.  Would "Select Object From ClassName Where
Object.foo() = 'bar'" make more sense?

Since a class is defined as having a set of fields and methods, if we know
the class then we know what methods it has.  IIRC ozone (and most other
OODMS's) have an api call where you can get all instances of a classname
provided, so it wouldn't be too horribly hard to implement...(i think).

Just my two cents.
--
Rob Knapp
GLIMS Project