Re: LocalDatabase calls are marshalled?

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Joel Shellman wrote:
> Following through a trace of creating an object, it appears that even
> calls to a LocalDatabase to create an object results in readObject and
> writeObject's occurring. Is this correct? Is it interesting to optimize
> LocalDatabase calls directly into the object avoiding that overhead?

For createObject() we might find a way to avoid the copying of the command but
this optimization can not be done for all command in general because this would
for example change the semantic from value to reference for method params.

Current code simply copies every command. This keeps the code clear and easy to
read. Distinguish between command types might introduce more complexity. Maybe
we should try optimize the object copying instead. The current code just uses
serialization, which is slow.

Falko