Re: Ozone and Log4J

Yes, I am suggesting using Log4J as the logging service for Ozone. I
hope this will be accepted by the Ozone group.

The attached is a update from my previous patch including the better
mimicing of Ozone's LogWriter. I think it cover all the base for the
default LogWriter now.

I have a couple to do on the list but will wait until the log4j is
accepted by Ozone group. It including the following:

1. Adding PropertyConfiguration to Ozone's setup. This way, we can have
even better runtime control over the logging.

2. Write a OzoneCatagory class to support debug2 and debug3 call.

3. Rewrite the Ozone's logging using Log4J (big work here). It probably
makes more sense to keep both at this point and modify each class as we
touch them. Log4J's logging also has better performance than the current
Ozone's LogWriter.

David Li
DigitalSesame

Eric Richardson wrote:

> David Li wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   The attached patch is one for using Loj4J as the implementation of
> > LogWriter. This is a hack to integrating Ozone into our Log4J based
> > overall logging environment. I thought it may be useful for some out
> > there.
> >
> Are you suggesting using log4j as a basic service for ozone? This might
> be a good idea especially since it can log to various places including
> syslog which I was just thinking about the other day.
> Eric :-)

ozone.0.6.1.diff.gz