Re: DB API on top of ozoneXML

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:38:01 +0200
Lars Martin <lars@smb-tec.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:30:10 +0200
> "Per Nyfelt" <per.nyfelt@nordicwave.com> wrote:
>
> > I just read through the draft and I would like to give you a hand. Do you
> > have any ideas in mind of how to attack it? I guess the API Base and
> > XMLResource should be first on the list?
>
> Hi Per, thanks for your offer. You're very welcome.
> I recently started to set up the new repository for Ozone add-ons.
> (http://cvs.smb-tec.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ozone-modules) OzoneXML
> is the first module there.
>
> You're right. The API is designed very modular and includes several
> levels of conformity. Currently Level 0 ("base") and Level 1 are
> defined. This modularity allows database vendors to support all the
> provided features of the API step by step.
>
> For the beginning we should focus on Level-0 conformity. This includes
> the the Base and XMLResource interfaces.
>
> The "problem" we have is that ozone currently doesn't support collections
> of XML documents. All stored documents are single and doesn't affect
> each other. The implementations of XMLContainer and XMLContainerHelper(Impl)
> is the wrapper for a stored document. So at first we need an persistent
> collection of individual XML documents: i.e. XMLContainerCollection.
> Collections can be nested so we need a way to traverse these collections.
> IMO, this is not very difficult to implement. :-)
>
> What do you think?

David can you give us some details about your RDF database? Do you use
the standard ozoneXML API or did you modify some classes/interfaces?
Do you need some enhancements? E.g. nested collections of XML documents
as the XML:DB API defines?

How does your implementation depends on the org.ozoneDB.xml module?
Would it make sense to move that module to the new modules repository
or to just add new functionality (XML:DB API implementation) to this
repository?