Re: Need Help. Re: 1.0 Compile problem

Lars Martin wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:35:34 -0700
> Eric Richardson <eric@milagrosoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I really could use some help. My 0.6 version compiles fine but 1.0
> > doesn't.
> > Thanks,
> > Eric
>
> Seems that your bin/antRun script isn't executable. Use the command
> line "chmod a+x bin/antRun" to fix this. Does it work now?

I ran ant instead of build.sh as this is how ant recommends so I changed
the permission of ant but not antRun which was the problem. Thank-you so
much.

Has ant fixed it's error reporting at all since they should be able to
get something better reporting out of exec than this?

BTW, you can fix the files in cvs so that when checked out the
permissions are set to executable. There might be a more elegant way but
you can completely remove the file and then checkin the file with the
permission set. CVS seems to remember the original permissions on
initial checkin. This would certainly help us non-suspecting folks.

Thanks again as my machine is compiling away.
Eric :-)