Re: Ozone object identity...

Michael Keuchen wrote:

> Remember that the identity can not be GEU in all cases, e.g.
> when using a local database or a RemoteDatabase in an intranet.
> The identity can store as many informations as possible about the
> object location, but global uniqueness is not ensured.

Microsoft has an algorithm for DCOM I believe provides a GUID (Globally
unique ID). Versant and their three part ID based on machine id +
objectbase id + object id claimed to be unique.
I think the three part scheme make alot of sense although I don't know
how to get the ethernet id in Java for the first part but we know that
ethernet id is unique otherwise TCP/IP wouldn't work. I discussed this
in another part oif this thread.

Eric