RE: Ozone object identity...

>I totally disagree with this. The state of two object to
>be equal
>doesn't mean they are the same (identical).
>Well... Being Identical is very different from being
>equal.
>Let's takes a simple shopping for example.

[snip]

Yes, I know this. And I agree that my post could be interpreted in that way. What I meant referred to the physical instance of the object on the server. I meant that the server should not answer anything about the server instance of the object. The server instance should be free to instantiate the same object (same identity) in several instances.

If the object identity is a part of its state (as with the getIdentity() method), then its state actually identifies it.

What this discussion is doing is actually decoupling the identity from the server instantiation :)

/O