Hacking

Hi,
I finally got a chance to look at the source code. I was particularly
interested in the ObjectId discussion we were having and the
ExternalDatabase.createObject( with the sig argument).

I followed the code about to see where this originated and found a few
interesting things. I found DxObject.c which looks like it may have been
left over from the 1.0.2 days before there was full reflection? I
couldn't seem to find the createTarget() in the ClassicObjectContainer
implementation but found the invokeTarget(with sig) code for method
invocation and if sig is null it creates the method with the parameter
types. I was looking to eliminate the createTarget(with sig) as this
bubbles up to the developer code which I found a bit strange. What do
you think about this whole discussion and trying to take this
sig(nature) code out?

About the ObjectId discussion. Were you think of internalizing the OID
into the actually OzoneObject or leaving it in the container?

The last thing I'd like to ask is what you want the focus to be for the
next version. If there are decent test cases, maybe there are some
refactoring opportunities. It's a pretty big codebase so this might be a
good chance -- I need to look at it some more before I can really
comment and hear your thoughts as well.

What was the purpose of the LGPL licensing over GPL? Do you have people
embedding it in commercial products?

Eric