Re: Newbie wants to join

Falko Braeutigam wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2001, Per Nyfelt wrote:
> > Great,
> >
> > I propose we start with the following:
> > 1. Agree on and figure out what tools to use for documentation ( i do not
> > know about XML/StyleBook where do we find it Falko?)
> I'm not sure if there is an "official" release anwhere anyhow. We will setup the
> CVS with all the needed things in there.
>
> StyleBook consists of DocBook DTDs along with corresponding XSL stylisheets and
> Xalan/Xerces environment to generate HTML (and PDF?) out of it.
>
> Unfortunately Lars, the guy who maintains the CVS and knows more about
> StyleBook than me, is not available right now. He will be back monday. If
> anybody is really crazy about that, then I will try to setup the CVS module. If
> nobody is going to work on it over the weekend anyway, then I would like to
> wait until monday.
>
> Eric, what is your DocBook environment? Could we use this out of the box?

I use emacs/psgml, nsgmls for validation, Norm's xsl stylesheets and the
docbook 4 dtd.
xalan for xslt(includes xerces) and FOP to produce PDF. It's all kindof
cobbled together but we could try to put together at least a procedure
to get setup unless someone has got a better solution.

> CVS commit accounts will be available monday at the earliest in any case.
Would this be different than the ozone-home module?

Anyway, I look at what I have to help for the setup.

Eric