Re: ozoneUML

On 24 May 2001 15:42:39 +0800, Sky Yin wrote:
> hi,
> I found a very cool stuff on Tim Brown's homepage:
> the whole UML chart of Ozone source.
> http://www.incenter.org/ozoneUML.zip
>
> why not make a link to that from ozone-db.org?

Yeah, I did those a while ago with Together,
I think Per had some out as well done the same way,
I never really spread the word beyond the dev-list then as Falko said,
(with good reason) that they may have a little too much detail for
casual use.
I'm also not sure how up to date the package is, I did it of a CVS snap
around febuary  sometime, and I haven't really had time to look at the
latest Ozone sources.
I could do another one sometime if enought people wanted one,
however, as Falko said, I think this kind of thing should actually be
bought under the discussed ODP (Ozoe Doc Project) and disscussed and
planned properly, I currently do some work for the GNOME doc project,
and I think it's a really good idea to have an Ozone Doc Project,
http://www.docbook.org is a good place to start for any wanting to find
out more about docbook, and I thing the GDP has a good white paper on
contributing that makes good reading for any wanting to get involved in
any kind of open-source doc effort.
(http://developer.gnome.org/gdp)
As discussed a while ago, the UML needs more than just class diags, it
also needs (IMHO) state diagrams and use cases, as this makes the whole
thing alot clearer to people who may not have that much experience.,
also to selectivly prune the amount of information into realistically
sized chunks and do, say, a users' diagram pak, with the core API's and
some basic state diagrams, and a developers pak, which has a more in
depth series of diagrams and charts...
comments?
Sean Allen