RE: Ozone Doc Project

> Eric, thanks for your DocBook package, it works for me. Per, it's ok with
> me if you think what I suggested was a bit too formal. Maybe you
> are right;
> a too strict  approach might scare people away or tire them off after a
> while.

Yes that is my fear.

>I think then we need just an overall plan (i.e. how the
> docs will be
> structured), so that people who want to write will have a "slot" where to
> insert their doc in the overall project; I mean, I know now we have the
> user/developer/admin branches; but is that good enough? How do we further
> subdivide? As far as the developper doc goes for example, maybe I could
> submit a very generic Table of Contents on the mailing list (of course it
> would be incomplete, that's the point!). Other people (especially more
> experienced ones with Ozone, like your Per) could modify/annotate
> that TOC,

Exactly what i had in mind too :) Starting with a TOC is a top down approach
and it should be coupled with a bottom up one as well (i.e. howtos on
certain issues, tutorials, examples etc.) then it is up to you, me and Eric
to make them (TOC drilling down into finer grained areas and finished
sections on certain topics) meet and make sense.

> BTW, I will be able to generate UML diagrams since we have
> Together here...

I think that generating class diagrams using together a single time is no
big issue but i think we should try to automate it so it can be generated as
a build option just like the javadoc. Then we could have a batch job
generate and publish both class diagrams and javadoc nightly on the website.
Together does not lead itself well to this kind of automation but ArgoUML
might.

Best Regards,
Per