Re: CVS [was: Re: Ozone Doc Project]

Lars Martin wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Ok, the CVS module for the ODP is up an running. It is based on Eric's
> DocBook package. Check out the module
>
>         /ozone-modules/ozoneDoc
>
> at
>
>         cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.smb-tec.com:/raid/Repository
>         (passwd: anoncvs)
>
> I've checked in a stand alone version, simply run build.[bat|sh] to
> compile the documentation. It's very slow because it is a lot of
> Java/XML stuff but HTML as well as PDF result work well. I'll give
> Eric, Per and Yanick commit access for this module so you guys can
> manage the ODP. :-) Enjoy.
>
> Lars

Great. I downloaded from CVS and made sure I had java in my PATH and
JAVA_HOME set and it worked.

The one thing that worries me is the lib directory. FOP and Xalan(XSLT)
are two independent products that both rely on xerces.jar. I guess it
could be coincidence that the two are compatable right now. I suggest a
lib/fop and a lib/xslt so we can independently upgrade xslt which could
be xalan or xt or saxon and fop which I think there is only one open
source java version.

I'll work on the documentation guide for this project first.

I was also wondering if ant has rules or someway to do something like
you can do in make.

make foo.c

This uses the .c to .o rule. I'd like to do the following.

ant doc-dev-guide.xml

The reason I'd like to do this is so we don't have to add two rules for
each doc, one for html and one for pdf. My box is rather slow so I'd
prefer to only transform the doc I'm working on since as well.

Eric