Re: Ozone Doc Project

Lars Martin wrote:

> Hi Eric.
>
> On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:10:37 -0700
> Eric Richardson <eric@milagrosoft.com> wrote:
>
> > yduchesne wrote:
> > >
> > > At 01:52 PM 6/4/01 -0700, you wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, I managed to install WinCVS (okay, I admit, we develop on Windows...)
> > > on my workstation, then configured it with the connect info Lars has
> > > provided; then I checked out the modules. VoilĂ . I had never used WinCVS
> > > (neither had I worked with CVS; we use VSS here, okay, there I am
> > > again...), so I stumbled at first, and then found tutorials on the web:
> > >
> > > http://www.cvsgui.org/winhtml/wincvs11.htm
> > >
> > > As far as the doc goes, the first thing I'll do is post a very general TOC
> > > on the list and wait for input/comments - will do this back and forth
> > > probably, until I have something good enough. Then I'll start the real work
> > > - at this point I will need a how-to, to start things well. But for now,
> > > it's OK, no rush.
> > >
> > Hi Yanick,
> >
> > I would say you have made great progress. I asked Lars if it wouldn't
> > make sense to make a small document for people that want to work on
> > Ozone Docs and or Ozone Server. This doc would contain info on setting
> > up and using cvs and some basics on Ant as well as references.
>
> Well, we can provide such paper, even if there are many online
> resources for Ant as well as for CVS. But we should add this
> document to the "homepage" module instead of the "server" or
> "documentation" module. Ideas?

I just took a look at the document that Per checked in
(ozone-documentation-howto.xml) the repository
ozone-modules/ozoneDoc/howto directory and this is a very close to what
I was getting at. Since the very basic Ant, CVS, and procedures are
required for development of any kind, this was all I was looking for.
This doc can have a few links to other web resources for Ant and CVS as
you mentioned above. This is just a basic, "If you want to hack here is
how".

> > Then the doc hacking and server hacking guides would follow.
> >
> > I will get an outline done soon as well. Just so you know, docbook has
> > the basic structure as follows:
> >
> > book
> >   chapter
> >      section
> >         para
> >   chapter
>
> Do you know the usage of the tag <set>? I didn't manage it to use it
> for grouping several documents/books, like developer docs, user docs,
Description

A Set is a collection of Books. Placing multiple Books in a Set, as
opposed to publishing each of them separately, has the
advantage that ID/IDREF links can then be used across all books.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE set PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd">

<set>
  <setinfo>
    <corpauthor>The Ozone Project</corpauthor>
  </setinfo>
</set>

I'm not sure if anybody is using this or hoe the sytlesheets handle this
but hopefully this will help.

Eric