Re: Ozone Doc Project

Per Nyfelt wrote:

> > > Maybe. What is the problem you like to solve by doing this?
> >
> > The stylesheets that are included are being worked on frantically by
> > Norm Walsh and are on version 1.39 and I think that we include 1.29.
> > Since this is constantly changing it would make more sense to checkin
> > the zip file for this and the docbook DTDs that I'd like to include
> > also. I have a basic install worked out. It errors out if the zip file
> > is found and asks you to run 'ant install'. This way we could save time
> > on the one file download versus all the pieces and make it easy to
> > upgrade the stylesheets.
>
> OK, i'm convinced. Whatever files that we do not maintain make more sense to
> have packaged the way you describe.
> >
> > For people without constant access to the net, the dtd included could
> > help people be disconnected and still work since xalan wants the dtd
> > from the doctype prolog.
>
> Yes, this would help me a lot so i'm all for it :) I currently do an ugly
> hack shifting between local and internet -you saw it in the Ozone
> Documentation Howto.

Having the DTD local will at least be easier. I will add catalog support
but this will take awhile and I'm working on the first version of the
documentation dev guide which I think takes priority.

> > This is why I'd like to add these two zips and modify the build. BTW,
> > how do you build the new howto doc? Did you make a buch of new targets?
>
> Yes one new target and the license as an included entity.
>
> > > I was thinking the same. The build would go through all XML
> > files under src
> > > and process them with same style sheet using the patters of whatever.xml
> > > into whatever.html and whatever.pdf but i could not find a good way to
> > > traverse unspecified subdirectories. Take a look at build.xml in
> > > ozone-modules/ozoneXML - maybe you find some useful ideas there?
> >
> > Okay, I will. I know we can use the antcall and set properties for the
> > file names. This means three small targets for each doc and the depends
> > lines change but if we only have a few docs this would work until we
> > find a better way or ant gets better.
>
> Sounds like a good solution until we find the way to automate it completely.

Okay, I have some experimental code for build.xml that works. I'll
finish cleaning it up by tommorrow afternoon. There are some areas where
maintainability could be enhanced and it will take some cvs work to make
it all work. Should I post the diff or checkin as the way I have it
envisioned, it will break some minor things until CVS gets altered.

I was able to get logged in to CVS thanks to from help from Lars.

Eric