Re: Ozone Doc Project

Lars Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 13:48:24 -0700
> Eric Richardson <eric@milagrosoft.com> wrote:
>
> > > Well, we can provide such paper, even if there are many online
> > > resources for Ant as well as for CVS. But we should add this
> > > document to the "homepage" module instead of the "server" or
> > > "documentation" module. Ideas?
> >
> > I just took a look at the document that Per checked in
> > (ozone-documentation-howto.xml) the repository
> > ozone-modules/ozoneDoc/howto directory and this is a very close to what
> > I was getting at. Since the very basic Ant, CVS, and procedures are
> > required for development of any kind, this was all I was looking for.
> > This doc can have a few links to other web resources for Ant and CVS as
> > you mentioned above. This is just a basic, "If you want to hack here is
> > how".
>
> Ok. I'll take a look at this paper too and I think this is a good
> starting point. :-)
>
> > A Set is a collection of Books. Placing multiple Books in a Set, as
> > opposed to publishing each of them separately, has the
> > advantage that ID/IDREF links can then be used across all books.
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE set PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
> > "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd">
> >
> > <set>
> >   <setinfo>
> >     <corpauthor>The Ozone Project</corpauthor>
> >   </setinfo>
> > </set>
> >
> > I'm not sure if anybody is using this or hoe the sytlesheets handle this
> > but hopefully this will help.
>
> Many thanks. I was thinking to provide such a set of books to bind "all"
> books together. Unfortunately I didn't manage it to build something like
> a TOC which links to the particular books (user, admin, dev) but of
> course this could be a problem of the used stylesheets. But it doesn't
> greatly matter.

I think this is a good idea - just don't know how to do it yet. We may
at least just have a doc that has links to the other docs. If we put all
the docs in the same directory at least to start with then they can all
references each other easily. If we start doing chunking where one book
gets chopped up into files by chapter or section then we probably have
to put each in their own directory. This is probably better for slow
links with a large document.

README

tells what to point the browser to ie. index.html

index.html
  points to all the docs, faqs etc.

By the way, a downloadable HTML version of the published Docbook book is
at

 http://docbook.org/tdg/html.zip

Check out the qandaset (short for question and answer set). Great for a
FAQ.

Eric