RE: Ozone Doc Project: Dev doc start...

I think modules should be in here as well. Currently there is only the
work-in-progress XML:DB stuff but making room for that now means it's easier
to add other modules as they come along. What about David Li's RDF stuff?

> Here I suggest a high-level diagram (not UML, something less OO, more
> abstract). Maybe I could submit a diagram in Visio; Ozone could have its
> own notation, as far as representing architectural concepts is concerned.
>

> Exploring Ozone's Internals
>
> Here I suggest to "explode" every architectural layer and describe the
> components involved("components" being a very generic term that
> means  "packages, classes, interfaces, libraries..."), from the general
> (explaining concepts beind implementation, interaction with other
> components, etc) to the specifics (code excerpts, which class/interface
> does what, under what conditions, etc.)
>

> 1. Client-Side
>
> 1.1. ExternalDatabase: connecting to Ozone (local vs remote, how
> it is done)
>
> 1.2. OzoneProxy: creating, what is under the hood of a proxy; how it is
> linked to a database

> 2. Ozone server
>
> 2.1. The Protocol - the ozoneDB.core.DBRemote package
>
> 2.2. The Server's components : concepts, classes: Server, Env,
> InvokeServer
> (ozoneDB and ozoneDB.core) I think the Env class needs a lot of
> explanation. It seems to be the heart of Ozone, right?
In the Hacking Howto there is a list of the core classes - maybe that could
provide a good start?

> 2.3. Connection management: ExternalDatabase vs pooling, multithreading;
> DBClient vs DBLocalClient
>
> 3. Ozone core/kernel
>
> 	-Management of proxies and _impl instances within
> 	the server
> 	-Transactions
> 	-Storage (containers, clusters, etc.);

Looks very promising to me, good work!