From: Per Nyfelt [mailto:per.nyfelt@nordicwave.com]
Sent: den 11 juni 2001 10:50
To: ozone-dev@ozone-db.org
Subject: RE: Ozone Doc Project

I think having The Ozone Project holding the Copyright would be the best
thing but since that is not a legal entity as you pointed out I proposed we
assign copyright to SMB. The idea is that there should be legal body that
could claim rights to the product and defend it against unauthorized usage
such as taking the whole code and use it for some purpose without
acknowledging that it is built on Ozone code. I personally see a problem
with several different copyright holders - who has right to what when more
than one entity is involved? It would be much cleaner with one Copyright
holder.

> That said, personally currently I would prefer a BSD-style license but, in
> contrast to Apache, oblique people/projects/products that use
> ozone to give
> prominent notice that they do. So we would no longer focus on
> protecting the
> code (GPL) but from now on focus on popularising our name 'ozone'
> and benefit only from that.
>
> Ideas?

I like that.

Best regards,