Re: throwing & catching exceptions from object creation

On Mon, 02 Jul 2001, Don Berendsen wrote:
> In my application if an object is created without valid data the constructor
> throws an InvalidUpdateException that contains a list of the validity
> constraints that were violated.
>
> However when the ctor throws the InvalidUpdateException apparently the it is
> wrapped in an InvocationTargetException and when it gets to the Transaction
> an OzoneInternalExc is thrown rather than the original
> InvalidUpdateException.
>
> Is it possible to have the original InvalidUpdateException thrown by the
> Transaction back to the code that invokes the object creation?

I checked in a _quick_ fix in the HEAD branch of CVS (version 1.1.x). I just
copied the catch(InvocationTargetException...) block from invokeTarget() into
org.ozoneDB.core.Transaction.createObject(). Please, check this! I did _not_
test it in any way.

Falko