Re: Implementation of XML:DB API

Lars Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:00:15 -0700
> Eric Richardson <eric@milagrosoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just talked to Tom Bradford on Tues at the local Pheonix Linux User
> > Group and he said that they are getting close to a 1.0 version of their
> > DB. He had some very nice things to say about the Ozone dev team.
>
> .... and what did he say? ;-)

He talked about how you guys colaborated on the DB XML api and how he
looked at ozone at thought it was pretty cool. He wasn't really
convinced to use an Object DB as the core of a XML storage engine and
that is why they started from scratch. I worked with him about two weeks
at a Evergreen and he seemed to be a very good architect although I
haven't looked at the dbxml code.

I also mentioned that I have a very hard time understanding other
peoples code such as Ozone and he said that he did also. Overall, he was
just very positive about you guys and the collaboration on the
standardized DBXML API.

That's about the extent of it.
Eric