RE: Implementation of XML:DB API

Hi Lars,

I made an initial attempt based on DOM as we talked about earlier. I got to
a working prototype with DOM but the performance was no good and I didn't
like to have to convert from DOM to SAX to be able to support the sax
related methods so i decided to follow your advice and use our built in XML
support (XMLContainer etc.).  The design had to change slightly since
XMLContainer cannot exist outside the Ozone-db but I like that better than
what I had originally.

I am currently trying to get all tests for it (Level-0 with XMLContainer) to
work and I thought i had it at one point in time but then found some issues
with XMLContainer and DOM that we discussed at a separate thread. I was
hoping to be able to check in a working but not pretty version of level 0
compliance first so that others could provide feed-back and the base could
solidify before moving on to level-1.

That being said, if it is going to take me a long time to get there, I'd be
more than happy to share what I have right now. (currently i cannot move on
until the DOM problem with XMLContainer and the underlying transaction issue
is resolved) SAX and String works fine and I have JUnit test scripts for
Level-0 compliance. So if you want to and have the time to look at it, i
could rip out the stuff that does not work and commit the stuff that
does -sort of a 2/3 level-0 compliance.

Let me know what you think,

Best regards,
Per