Re: Implementation of XML:DB API

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 11:58:11 +0200
"Per Nyfelt" <per.nyfelt@nordicwave.com> wrote:

> Great! I'll tidy up and check in what i have next week then.
>
> I'll let you know when it's there.

Ok, my patch is in CVS. See the new clearDocument() method in DocumentImpl.
This method is now called when Document.onDelete() was called. It removes
all child nodes (content) of the document.

This new method is also called from
XMLContainerHelperImpl.beginInputSequence(Node pNode) and pNode is a
Document node which already exists in the database. The problem is
that the content *is* removed (you can log this in clearDocument())
but this transaction is somehow *not* commited and so all following
actions complain about a non-empty Document.

See domStore() in samples/XML/Client.java for usage if a Document
already exist.