Re: Compilation Problem

Hi Peter,

On Fre, 01 Sep 2000, Peter Shillan wrote:
> Yes, the java -version is
>
> java version "1.3.0"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0-C)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 2.0fcs-E, mixed mode)

AFAIK, IBMs JDK 1.3 comes with an own xerces.jar - don't ask me why. This
library contains the DOM Level 2 W3C interfaces which are implemented in
Apaches Xerces. All the libraries of this JDK are added to the CLASSPATH
_before_ any library from Ozone is added. Ozone implements DOM Level 1
and this results in compile time errors of the ozone/XML sources, because the
interfaces don't match the implementation.

I see two possibilities to solve this problem:

1. install a new/second JDK 1.2 for Ozone compilation

2. we should start implementing DOM Level 2 in ozone/XML; the architecture of
this new XML storage engine was proposed some weeks ago; there was few feedback

The second solution is more future proof - so I would prefer this.

Regards,
Lars

PS: But you have another problem with OPP. It seems that OPP was not build in
by the 'tools' target. This results in NoClassDefFoundError!
Lars Martin                                 mailto:lars@smb-tec.com
SMB GmbH                                     http://www.smb-tec.com