Re: Very slow printing.

Hi,

Mon, 01 May 2000 Kees Jongenburger wrote:
>Now the printing can take about 60 seconds for a quite simple document.
>I think the document I am printing is already converted to a memory doc
>has anyone ideas why i take so long?

The problem is:
  Document retVal = (Document)converter.convertDOM(document);

The convertDOM() method is used to convert a DOM between different
implementations. This can be 'mem->mem', 'pers->mem', 'mem->pers' or
'pers->pers'. If no additional argument is given to the convertDOM ()
method the DOM will converted to ozone DOM.

So you can use
    converter.convertDOM (document, null, "org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl");
to get an in memory Xerces implementation.

Hope this helps,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de
softwarebuero m&b (SMB)              http://www.softwarebuero.de