much faster XPath queries with XT

Hi all,

some minutes ago I finished integrating XT as a possible XPath engine
on top of ozoneXML. The performance boost is incredible high especially
for more complex (?) queries like

  /PLAY/ACT/TITLE[../SCENE/SPEECH/SPEAKER = "CLEOPATRA"]

applied on a_and_c.xml from the Shakespeare XML suite.

Where Xalans XPath needs appr. 28s, XTs finishes after 1.3s on my
200MHz PII with 64MB RAM. So I think we are in ms range on faster
computers. I hope this value is more comparable to Exelons performance
discussed 3 weeks ago.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de