Re: Performance

Hi,

> I'm wondering if there are any hints people can give me to improve the
> performance
> of Ozone. With my current code, which uses the native interface, it
> takes 40ms to return an object... Is this inline with what other people
> are getting, or am I doing something wrong that makes returning an
> object slow.
>
> Right now, I make use of objects with methods that return references to
> other objects... Is there a better design that I can use? (I'm fairly
> new to the whole OODBMS thing.)

Which machine and JDK do you use ? Did try the OO1 benchmark for ozone in the
directory ozone/samples/OO1 ? Which results do get for, lets say, 1000 lookups ?

You should also design your application in a way that most of the method calls
are done server-side to reduce the RMI overhead. That means, that parts of your
application logic should run inside the ozone server. This is a difference to
many other OODMS.

Best Regards,
Gerd

Gerd Mueller                               gerd@softwarebuero.de