Re: Ozone and XT

Hi,

> We came across the same problem while switching from a DOM Parser on Server-
> Side to a SAX Parser on Client-Side for parsing XML on Client-Side and
> serialize the thrown SAX Events to Server-Side to create the persistent
> Document (DOM Tree) in ozone. This solution is much more scalable b/c you
> donĀ“t have to transfer the whole Document at once. Events will commited to
> the Server if a definite (and adjustable) quantity is reached.

Yes, I was also thinking of doing something similar in a future release.

In my case the problem is slightly different since I don't have a DOM
tree (and I don't want to build one ;).

But I could still try to transfer events "a definite (and adjustable)
quantity" than all together in a single array like I am doing with my
current implementation.

> BTW: I saw something called a "CommentHandler" in the XT package and it seems
> to be an extension to the "standard" SAX API. Is there a way to get the parsed
> Comments with Xerces or other SAX Parsers? If not - why?

I would guess so, but I lack experience with other parsers.

Thanks

Eric

Eric van der Vlist                                              Dyomedea

http://www.dyomedea.com                          http://www.ducotede.com