Re: Transactions

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i used some others object oriented db in the past, and
> i cannot find how to open and commit/rollback a
> transaction in Ozone.

The current ozone API does support implicite transactions. Each method
invocation on a database object is a transaction. If an exception is caught by
the server it will abort and rollback the entire transaction and commit
otherwise. So if you get an exception in the client, then the transaction is
already aborted. Besides, please read the mail archive. Recently there was a
discussion about ex/implicite transaction.

Currently I'm working to support also explicite transaction. Ozone
user transaction implement javax.transaction.UserTransaction. For ODMG I will
do some mapping. Does this make sence?