Re: Ozone & EJBs

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001, Jay Abraham wrote:
> How is Ozone intended to be used with Application
> Servers for EJB based J2EE applications?  I notice
> that the J2EE framework seems to focus on RDBMS
> and ORDBMS datasources with hardly any mention of
> ODBMS datasources.

I did check this with Mark Fleury of jBoss some time ago. And we did indeed
come to the conclusion that ozone is to container-ish itself to be easily used
as a simple data source for a container. Since ozone provides RMI,
transactions, permissions already it seems that ozone itself could be a
container. But as you mentioned J2EE focuses on RDBMS. A benchmark of EJB
compared to ozone could help to see if an OO container could provide any
advantages over a RDBMS container. Any EJB experiences out there?