querying XML documents with Xpath and the "contains" function

Hi,
I read the W3C specifications about Xpath, and I find a very interesting
function, that can be used
to build predicates like [position()=1]. The function is "contains", and it
can be used to determine if
a stirng contains another string. Now using that fuction associated with the
text element of the document, should provide somethig like a full-text
search engine in Ozone. Moreover it allows to take into consideration the
semantic markup
of the document itself, because for exemple I can look for a word in a text
element only if it is inside a particular tag.
Unfortunately I couldn't understand the syntax of this command form the W3C
spec, have you ever tried this command?

Thanks for any clues
Marco