Re: *URGENT* -- Call for support

At 12:17 PM 1/18/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all:
>
>I am sorry for the broadcast, but in an email that
>I just received privately from Falko, he relayed
>some feelings of frustration and hopelessness.
>I know that his conversation with me was private, but
>I feel that it is important to let the rest of the
>community know what is going on.
>
>Falko thinks that the Java community is not interested in
>Ozone and feels that his efforts in contributing to it
>are all for naught.
>
>For the record I *DO NOT* agree with him in any way, shape,
>or form.

Nor do I.

>I feel that Ozone is extremely valuable and am
>*extremely* thankful for all of his efforts in producing it.

Well said. I agree completely.

>He is also feeling burdened by the devlopment time
>that he is spending on it since he does not have
>much help and other priorities need to begin to take
>precedence.
>
>I can certainly understand that, since I too am
>trying to make a living in my own business.
>Therefore, if you have any time to contribute to Ozone's
>development, please let Falko know immediately.  He really
>needs help and if you give back to this project,
>please do so.

I am in the same boat. Literally 5 minutes before this message
from Neil arrived I hit the send key on a substantial proposal
that will use Ozone. This is a contract, which I and a partner
have been working toward for several months based upon a personal
relationship that goes back several years. I am optimistic that
by the end of the month we will have some funding. I cannot
committ at the moment to a specific dollar amount but I will talk
with my partner and should we be funded I will definitely plan on
providing some support to Falko. We will also try very hard to
contribute something of value to the code base.

Don't count your money yet ... and understand that we are many of
us struggling, but consider us on your side and know we will help
as we are able.

>I will do what I can, but we need as many people as
>possible so that when some people are busy, others
>can be contributing.
>
>Open source software is a community effort.  We all
>have to pitch in if we want to see this project
>grow and become what it already promises to be.
>Without that, it is doomed, and I dont want
>to see such a wonderful project disappear.
>
>Thanks,
>	Neil.
>

>--
>Neil Aggarwal
>JAMM Consulting, Inc. -- (972) 612-6056, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com
>Custom Internet Development -- Java, JSP, servlets, databases

Amen brother!

Bob La Quey