XML only for data exchange ?

Hi,

Some of you wrote that XML is only an exchange format but not a storage
format. Why ? E.g. if I would develop an article database for a newspaper
or library software to store the whole work of Shakespeare, why not using
XML as data format ? I think we all agree that plain files are not suitable
here. Should I use an RDBMS ? I doubt. What left IMHO is an XML database.

Or if I think of the Infozone-project: It is absolutely necessary to have
an XML database there.

Finally it depends on the application. I don't agree with the general
statement "XML is not a storage format".

Best Regards,
Gerd

Gerd Mueller                                    gerd@smb-tec.com
SMB GmbH                                  http://www.smb-tec.com