RE: Very Urgent !!

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Knapp, Robert \(CAP, CMC\) wrote:
> >%_>> 1. to run a xpath query against more than one XMLContainer
> >Yes, but you have to do it 'by hand'. Prowler (part of
> >http://www.infozone-group.org) provides a way to query over several
> document
> >(and data sources!) Anyway, I guess this does fit your needs.
>
> Several data sources?  Is this limited to ozone only
> or any XML repository?
Any kind of data source!

But there are some issues with the XML mapping. Prowler provides an uniform XML
facade for all the connected data sources but this is intended to be used for
presenting the data only. People are trying to use this XML facade as the basis
for their business logic which leads to performance and other problems.

> For example SQL Server 2000
> *claims* to be accessible as an xml data store.
It doesn't have to provide a XML interface. There are adaptors for JDBC/SQL.

Falko