Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 1:17 PM
Subject: RE: Very Urgent !!

----------

From:   Knapp, Robert (CAP, CMC)[SMTP:ROBERT_KNAPP@MORTGAGE.GE.COM]
Sent:   Friday, January 19, 2001 1:17:10 PM
To:     'ozone-users@ozone-db.org'
Cc:     lee@insight.rr.com
Auto forwarded by a Rule

[snip]
This should be the last question I have for today. ;)

> > Do you see any issue using prowler in this way?
> Basically not but this depends on what the queries are. If
> it's SQL, then you
> are fast but you will stick with RDBMSs. If you plan to use
> XPath, then you
> are completely independent of the underlying datastore but
> it's very very
> very hard to find a good SQL->XML mapping and tool
> configuration that performes
> well.

Would it be possible to do a one-off for the SQL-XML mapping?
In otherwords, is the architecture of Prowler such that my
team can say "Ok, this is the mySQL schema and this is
what the xml needs to look like..." and write a specific
driver(for lack of a better word) for that particular schema?

It seems like that would enhance performance significantly,
and is something we were already prepared to do anyway. [Doing such
gives the added advantage of being able to customize each schema
to the best configuration for each db. ]

Last question, really... well for today, but
there may be a rush of postings at midnight. :)

RobK