Re: ClassCastException in Proxy-Class

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Nils Hartmann wrote:
> > Sounds like proxies and impl classes are out of sync. Make sure to rebuild all
> > proxies. Does this help?
> Sorry, but I checked the classes again... Again: with some instances of
> that class it *works*, only some (at lease one) instance has problems...
> and furthermore: i havenot changed any classes, it stopped working while
> the server runs.

We had similar problems which are hopefully fixed by the patch which I
announced earlier this day. In our case we got a ClassCast because of a wrong
target in the proxy. You get it because of a wrong type of the return value.
I'm not sure but you should try the latest from CVS. The problem is that your
database is probably corrupted and therefore you cannot immediatelly verify if
the version fixes the problem.

> Helpless,
> nils
>
> BTW: What about an "object browser" on server-side? For me it's an (the
> only?) advantage of  RDBMS that I easily can monitor my data using query
> tools. Some low level browser for ozone would be very fine. Someone is
> about to implement such tool?

I just checked in CHANGES. The admin tool (object browser) is now _on top_ on
the todo list ;) I totally agree, we need something to see (and manipulate)
what's going on inside the server. Several people started to work on it but did
not get that far. Currently nobody is on it AFAIK.