Re: ClassCastException in Proxy-Class

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Nils Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Falko,
> > I'm not sure but you should try the latest from CVS. The problem is that your
> > database is probably corrupted and therefore you cannot immediatelly verify if
> > the version fixes the problem.
> I downloaded version from CVS, but I got following error, when I try to
> run build.sh:
>
> Compiling 2 source files to /home/nils/ozone/ozone
> /home/nils/ozone/ozone/org/ozoneDB/core/admin/AdminClient.java:19:
> Package javax.xml.parsers not found in import.
> import javax.xml.parsers.*;
>        ^
> /home/nils/ozone/ozone/org/ozoneDB/core/admin/AdminClient.java:32:
> Package org.infozone.tools.xml.queries not found in import.
> import org.infozone.tools.xml.queries.*;
>        ^
> 2 errors
> BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.
>
> Both packages seem to be  in bin/xerces.jar resp. bin/infozone-tools.jar
> files. Do I have to setup something like classpath? I guess not?

The build script creates a proper CLASSPATH for you. You don't need to do this
by hand as long as OZONE_HOME is set.

I just did a fresh check out - compiles without problems on linux. Hmm.... do
you use IBM JDK? I remember some problem with it since it contains a xerces.jar
which is loaded before custom jars. What else...? are the jar files ok?