EJBs are nonsense (was: Re: *URGENT* -- Call for support)

Hi James, Falko,

> > > * EJB market is a huge potential for ODBMS

> Or should we just switch to EJB?
> Or am I completely wrong?...

my 2 cents from reading Monson-Haefel "Enterprise Java Beans":

EJBs are awful, as long as
- you have to code them from hand
- performant database mapping is not widely provided
- the standard is not widely adopted

A friend of mine, roemer@cs.uni-bonn.de is currently experimenting with
jBoss and his experiences match my statement.

If an IDE would automate all the work perfectly (not likely to happen) and
there would be a bugfree and superfast server (will never happen) I would
reconsider my judgement.

If I would need to code business-logic I would not want to worry about
session- entity- stateless- or whatever-beans.
Three concepts are necessary:
- callbacks for load, store and remove.
- rights
- transaction management.

What is the rest of this complex EJB mess useful for?