Re: Ozone-hacking HOWTO (was: Re: *URGENT* -- Call for support)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Falko Braeutigam" <falko@smb-tec.com>
To: "Per Nyfelt" <per_nyfelt@hotmail.com>; <ozone-users@ozone-db.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 9:06 PM
Subject: Ozone-hacking HOWTO (was: Re: *URGENT* -- Call for support)

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Per Nyfelt wrote:
> > Several people has asked for a TODO list to make it easier to help out.
> > think this is not a bad idea since it would enable someone just starting
> > understand the codebase to contribute something good while familiarizing
> > himself with the code. I.e i'm thinking about this todo as a
> > what-you-could-do-to-help-out list.
> >
> > Another thing that might be good is a Ozone-hacking HOWTO - sort of a
> > getting started thing (pre-reqs, how to build, what the different
components
> > are for and their relationship etc.) that would make it easier for
people to
> > start contributing.
> >
> > If you think this is a good idea I would be willing to maintain such a
list
> > and also make an attempt on the HOWTO (unless someone already has done
> > something like this we could make available), both of which we both
could
> > keep on the web for easy access.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
>
> Y E S !!! I love it.

OK, good. I'll try to put something together this weekend that could provide
som kind of starting point.

> Such documents would help newbies a lot to get started with ozone. Just go
> fot it. ;) Do you need any help? Thanks for your help, Per.

Thank you. I've been using Ozone for quite some time and it feels good to
have found something to contribute back on.

Yes, help would be much appreciated. Let me try to make an initial attempt
so there is some kind of framework to work on first. What would be the
appropriate forum for this (ozone-users, ozone-dev, CVS)?

Best regards,
Per