Re: Unable to create new ID number

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Falko:
>
> This worked.
> I added an xoid entry to my state.properties file.
> Is there a way to figure out what the current top value is?  I just
> took a large number, but if it happens again, I dont want to
> take a chance of getting too low a number.

Only the state.properties file knows about the proper XOID counter. Of course
you could check all clusters to find the highest object ID currently in use.
The server itself does not provide this information anywhere. This is because
it does not check all clusters but relies on state.properties.

A backup (XML or just tar) seems to be a better way to avoid this kind of
problems than fiddling with the XOID counter ;)