Re: XML-based configuration

Hi all,

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 Falko Braeutigam wrote:
>I agree. In any case at first we have to define a good API for administration
>of ozone. First versions of ozone had all config functions included in the
>admin tool. Newer versions have property files that are much easier to handle
>and to extend. IMO we should have both, the property files and an RMI API to
>access config properties from a GUI/web admin tool. In general the ozone admin
>API will devide into the following sections:
>
>1. permissions (users, groups, etc.) + config properties. (permissions
>properties should then go in propertiy files too)
>
>2. server status (cache, clusters, etc.)
>
>3. actual database content via XML/DOM
>
> [...snipped...]
>Yes, Jetty is the best option for an Java web server but it is again a server
>that one has to install/configure before connecting ozone via servlets and I
>don't want to include it in the ozone distribution. A module inside ozone that
>can handle the HTTP requests of the admin servlet should work out of the box.
>But I'm actually not about these things. Other ideas?

I started playing around with Jetty. There are just 2-3 jar-Files which you
have to add to the classpath and then you can start the Servlet-Server and
load a Servlet. I started trying to port the AdminToolFrame to AdminToolServlet
using the RMI-API of the ozone admin port....so there is no XML/XSP or something
like this.

Regards,
Lars
Lars Martin                         mailto:lars@softwarebuero.de